Here’s a simple guide on how to connect a PS5 to a TV just in case you’re planning on getting the highly in-demand gaming console.
Congratulations on finally getting that highly-coveted PS5. Now, you’re faced with the puzzle of connecting it to your TV.
Not to worry, though. We’ve got you covered in this post as we take you through this step-by-step guide on how to connect a PS5 to a TV.
First, you need to understand that TVs come in different models and sizes, so there is no one perfect way to connect your Playstation 5.
It really depends on the inputs and other features that come with your TV. Now, to connect a PS5 to a TV, you will need to have an HDMI cable and your TV will need to have an HDMI port.
How to Connect a PS5 to a TV with an HDMI Cable
HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface and is a standard cable used to connect various devices together. It is capable of transmitting uncompressed digital video and audio data.
Because of how simple and efficient it is, connecting your devices using an HDMI cable is the most popular way to go. You can easily connect your PlayStation 5 directly to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- To connect, start by placing your PS5 in a good position that is close to the TV.
- Take one end of the HDMI cable and insert it into the HDMI OUT port at the back of the PlayStation 5 console.
- Grab the other end of the HDMI cable and insert it into the HDMI IN on your TV.
- Next, insert the PS5 console’s power cable into its AC IN connector at the back of the PS5.
- Now, insert the console’s power plug safely into an electric power socket.
- Turn on the PS5 and follow its on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Once you complete the process above, you will be able to enjoy premium gaming on your
Once you complete the process above, you will be able to enjoy premium gaming on your TV. If your TV doesn’t have an HDMI port, then it’s probably really old and needs to be replaced asap.
You can have a peek through some of our high-quality, modern TVs right here in case you’re planning on getting that replacement.