Learn how to make pizza in microwave oven without the need for convection. Our step-by-step guide provides quick and easy instructions for homemade microwave pizza, from preparing the dough to perfecting the toppings. Enjoy a hot, cheesy slice in minutes!
In today’s fast-paced world, it’s not always possible to fire up the oven and wait for your pizza to bake to perfection.
Sometimes, you want that piping hot, cheesy goodness right now. That’s where your trusty microwave comes to the rescue.
In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to make pizza in a microwave oven in Nigeria, quickly and easily, without the need for a convection feature.
You’ll be enjoying a homemade pizza that’s just as good as your favourite pizza making outlets in no time!
Equipment and Ingredients
Equipment You’ll Need
– Microwave-safe plate or dish
– Microwave-safe cover
– Pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
– Pizza sauce (store-bought or homemade)
– Shredded mozzarella cheese
– Your choice of pizza toppings (e.g., pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, olives, fried plantain (dodo) etc.)
Preparing the Pizza Dough
Making pizza in a microwave requires a different approach to the dough. You’ll want to ensure it’s microwave-safe.
If you’re using store-bought pizza dough, check the label for microwave compatibility. If you’re making your own dough, follow these steps:
1. Knead the Dough: After preparing your pizza dough, knead it into a circle, ensuring it fits comfortably on your microwave-safe plate.
2. Place on Plate: Place the kneaded dough on the microwave-safe plate, leaving space around the edges to avoid overflowing.
3. Prick with a Fork: Use a fork to gently prick the dough’s surface. This prevents the dough from puffing up too much during cooking.
Now that your dough is ready, let’s move on to creating the perfect sauce and toppings for your microwave pizza.
Creating the Sauce and Toppings
Homemade Pizza Sauce
– 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat Olive Oil: In a microwave-safe dish, heat the olive oil for about 20 seconds.
2. Sauté Garlic: Add the minced garlic to the hot oil and microwave for 10 seconds until it becomes fragrant.
3. Mix Ingredients: Stir in the crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
4. Cook the Sauce: Microwave the sauce for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until it thickens.
– Get creative with your pizza toppings! Here are a few suggestions:
– Pepperoni slices
– Sliced mushrooms
– Sliced bell peppers
– Chopped onions
– Sliced olives
– Fresh basil leaves
Now that you’ve prepared the sauce and toppings, it’s time to assemble your pizza.
Assembling Your Pizza
1. Spread the Sauce: Spoon the homemade sauce onto the pricked dough, spreading it evenly.
2. Add Cheese: Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
3. Toppings Galore: Now, add your choice of pizza toppings. Be as generous as you like!
With your pizza now beautifully assembled, it’s time to get to the heart of the matter – cooking it to perfection in your microwave.
Microwave Cooking Techniques
Microwaving pizza requires a slightly different approach than traditional baking, but it’s worth the convenience. Here’s how to do it:
1. Cover the Plate: Use a microwave-safe cover to prevent splatters and ensure even cooking.
2. Microwave Settings: Set your microwave to medium power (50-60% power) to avoid overcooking or uneven heating.
3. Cooking Time: Depending on your microwave’s wattage, cook the pizza for 2-4 minutes. Start with 2 minutes, then check, and add time if needed. You want the cheese to melt and the edges to become slightly crispy.
4. Check and Adjust: Keep an eye on your pizza to avoid overcooking. If the edges are cooking faster than the centre, rotate the plate or move the pizza around the microwave.
Your microwave pizza should now be bubbling with deliciousness! Let’s make sure you serve it up safely and enjoy every bite.
Serving and Enjoying
1. Remove and Rest: Carefully take the hot plate out of the microwave, using oven mitts or a towel. Place it on a heat-resistant surface and allow it to rest for a minute.
2. Slice and Serve: Use a pizza cutter to slice your microwave pizza into wedges or squares. Serve it on your preferred pizza plate or right on the microwave-safe plate.
3. Enjoy: Take a bite and savour the delicious flavours of your homemade microwave pizza. The crust should be slightly crispy, the cheese melty, and the toppings cooked to perfection.
Remember to enjoy your microwave pizza responsibly. It might be quick, but it’s just as tasty as a traditional oven-baked pizza!
Making pizza in a microwave without convection is not only possible but also incredibly convenient. With this step-by-step guide, you’ve learned how to create a delicious homemade pizza in your microwave oven, and it’s easier than you might have thought.
Whether it’s a quick weeknight dinner or a snack for movie night, your microwave is now your trusty pizza-making companion.
By following these instructions and infusing your pizza with your preferred ingredients, you can enjoy a hot, fresh slice of pizza anytime you want.
So, why wait? Get creative with your toppings and get ready to savour the magic of homemade pizza from your microwave.
If you’re looking to purchase a microwave, head over here to see the various models available.